Developing your Personal Brand Online with Blogs
“You need a good reason to do something this hard”- Darren Rowse- Pro Blogger
Blogs in particular give you the chance to fully articulate your views on a particular subject. Linkedin, Twitter and Blogs are all great touch points to help share your professional message and personal brand through the online community.
- Blogging is a commitment and knowing what your strategy is will help to create focus
- What is your mission statement/message and big idea.
- Who is your audience?
- Blogging is simple but not easy.
What Defines a Blog?
Your blog reflects you and your business. A blog is less formal than a website and is defined by its format
You and Your Personal Brand:
Personal Branding used to be about your personal appearance and stationery. Today it is about the quality of your web presence and how easy it is for someone to find you on Google.
A sophisticated online brand requires good planning, but it also needs you to ensure that you stay true to yourself.
The Value of Blogs to Your Brand:
“A brand is your unique promise of value”, Tom Peters- Management guru
- Blogging helps you to become the expert and the value you have to share is your gift to give.
- If you have 736 blog posts that’s 736 ways for google to find you.
- Your blog builds your frequency and recognition for people and keeps them coming back.
“Create your own visual style… let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.” Orson Welles
- Your blog is the bit inside you that you want to share. Share what you love!
- What’s the reality your going to show on your blog?
- Be clear about the type of stuff you’re writing about- what is the thing that people will come to you for?
- Give away 80% of your best stuff because nobody can deliver it the same way you can.